26 students fall sick after drinking poisoned water at Morang school

26 students fall sick after drinking poisoned water at Morang school

Skoðað: 927

MORANG: As many as 26 students have fallen sick after drinking water laced with poison at Shree Secondary School in Letang Municipality-9 of Morang district this morning.

The school principal Khem Raj Dulal said that all 26 students, who fell ill after drinking water at the school, were immediately rushed to a primary health post in Mangalbare after it was found that the drinking water for students was poisoned. He also informed that four of the sick students have returned home after treatment adding that four students — ninth graders Khusbu Mishra and Kamala Limbu, fifth grader Manis Thapa, and seventh grader Shristi Niraula — were undergoing treatment in Nobel Medical College.

“At 10:00 am, the school had just started when some grade 10 students came to us complaining of strange smell from the water. We found a bottle of poison in the water tank upon inspection,” said the school principal.

Subsequently, the management checked the water tank and found a 50 ml Cypermethrin bottle inside. Cypermethrin is a synthetic pyrethroid insecticide used to kill insects on cotton and lettuce and to kill cockroaches, fleas and termites in houses or for other purposes.

After drinking the contaminated water the students showed symptoms of a headache, vomiting and burning sensation in the stomach and had to be rushed for the treatment .

Superintendent of Police at Morang District Police Office, Manoj Kumar KC, informed that a few suspects were detained in connection with the incident and the investigation was under way.

Meanwhile, Letang Municipality has sought stern action against person(s) involved in poisoning the water meant for school kids. “This is a purely despicable act and anyone involved in it shouldn’t be spared,” read a statement made public by Mayor Shankar Rai.
MORANG: As many as 26 students have fallen sick after drinking water laced with poison at Shree Secondary School in Letang Municipality-9 of Morang district this morning.

The school principal Khem Raj Dulal said that all 26 students, who fell ill after drinking water at the school, were immediately rushed to a primary health post in Mangalbare after it was found that the drinking water for students was poisoned. He also informed that four of the sick students have returned home after treatment adding that four students — ninth graders Khusbu Mishra and Kamala Limbu, fifth grader Manis Thapa, and seventh grader Shristi Niraula — were undergoing treatment in Nobel Medical College.

VIÐ ÓSKUM EFTIR ÞINNI HJÁLP

SMELLTU HÉRNA!

“At 10:00 am, the school had just started when some grade 10 students came to us complaining of strange smell from the water. We found a bottle of poison in the water tank upon inspection,” said the school principal.

Subsequently, the management checked the water tank and found a 50 ml Cypermethrin bottle inside. Cypermethrin is a synthetic pyrethroid insecticide used to kill insects on cotton and lettuce and to kill cockroaches, fleas and termites in houses or for other purposes.

After drinking the contaminated water the students showed symptoms of a headache, vomiting and burning sensation in the stomach and had to be rushed for the treatment .

Superintendent of Police at Morang District Police Office, Manoj Kumar KC, informed that a few suspects were detained in connection with the incident and the investigation was under way.

Meanwhile, Letang Municipality has sought stern action against person(s) involved in poisoning the water meant for school kids. “This is a purely despicable act and anyone involved in it shouldn’t be spared,” read a statement made public by Mayor Shankar Rai.
MORANG: As many as 26 students have fallen sick after drinking water laced with poison at Shree Secondary School in Letang Municipality-9 of Morang district this morning.

The school principal Khem Raj Dulal said that all 26 students, who fell ill after drinking water at the school, were immediately rushed to a primary health post in Mangalbare after it was found that the drinking water for students was poisoned. He also informed that four of the sick students have returned home after treatment adding that four students — ninth graders Khusbu Mishra and Kamala Limbu, fifth grader Manis Thapa, and seventh grader Shristi Niraula — were undergoing treatment in Nobel Medical College.

“At 10:00 am, the school had just started when some grade 10 students came to us complaining of strange smell from the water. We found a bottle of poison in the water tank upon inspection,” said the school principal.

Subsequently, the management checked the water tank and found a 50 ml Cypermethrin bottle inside. Cypermethrin is a synthetic pyrethroid insecticide used to kill insects on cotton and lettuce and to kill cockroaches, fleas and termites in houses or for other purposes.

After drinking the contaminated water the students showed symptoms of a headache, vomiting and burning sensation in the stomach and had to be rushed for the treatment .

Superintendent of Police at Morang District Police Office, Manoj Kumar KC, informed that a few suspects were detained in connection with the incident and the investigation was under way.

VIÐ ÓSKUM EFTIR ÞINNI HJÁLP

SMELLTU HÉRNA!

Meanwhile, Letang Municipality has sought stern action against person(s) involved in poisoning the water meant for school kids. “This is a purely despicable act and anyone involved in it shouldn’t be spared,” read a statement made public by Mayor Shankar Rai.

Skoðað: 927

Umsagnir eru á ábyrgð þess sem þær skrifa

umsagnir

Þú gætir einnig haft áhuga á þessu

Skildu eftir svar

Netfang þitt verður ekki birt.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this:

Með því að halda áfram samþykkir þú að nota smákökur. meiri upplýsingar

Stillingar vefsíðunar krefjast þess að smákökur séu notaðar til að notendur fá bestu mögulegu gæði og hraða við að skoða síðuna. Ef þú heldur áfram að nota síðuna án þess að breyta smákökustillingum þínum eða með því að smella á "Samþykkja" hér að neðan, þá ertu mögulega að missa af efni á síðunni.

Loka